How come DRM would provide anything?

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: How come DRM would provide anything?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:16:28 +0100

Hi,

I have just a simple question that hit me when reading the discussions
about TC implementation decision: some of us try to design ยต-kernels or
OSes in a reliable way; we are taking great care to design Hurd in a way
that it's properties would be based on more or less formal proofs, or at
least scientific results.

But as we talk about what TC could add in the field of privacy to Hurd
or any other system, did we just forget that TC chips are black boxes?
How could we use TC chips to achieve privacy and security in any way
although we have no clue about what is in the inside?

Curiously,
Nowhere man
--
address@hidden