libextractor

Re: [libextractor] problem parsing id3 tag on mp3

From: lcimmier
Subject: Re: [libextractor] problem parsing id3 tag on mp3
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:39:06 +0200

Dear Christophe;

I follow your suggestion, and I test some possibility.
Here commands I enter and results I get :

mx27# extract -n -l libextractor_mp3 01\ Mon\ drapeau.mp3
format - 128 kbps, 44100 hz, 5m45 stereo
resource-type - MPEG V1
mimetype - audio/mpeg
description - Blankass: Mon drapeau (Elliott)
comment -
genre - Rock
year - 2005
album - Elliott
artist - Blankass
title - Mon drapeau
mx27# extract -n -l libextractor_id3v23 01\ Mon\ drapeau.mp3
artist - Blankass
title - Mon drapeauTPE1
content type - (17)TIT2
year - 2005TCON
album - ElliottTYER
mx27# extract -n -l libextractor_id3v24 01\ Mon\ drapeau.mp3
mx27# extract -n -l libextractor_id3v2 01\ Mon\ drapeau.mp3
mx27#

So it looks like extracting idv2 with id3v23 has some problem to parse the differents tag.
On each entry, it adds the name of the following tag.

I hope this results will help you (and me) to fix the bug !!

Thanks again !

Bye
Laurent