libextractor

Re: [libextractor] libextractor-0.5.17 (win32) - extract.exe stops with

From: Nils Durner
Subject: Re: [libextractor] libextractor-0.5.17 (win32) - extract.exe stops with error msg
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:10:06 +0200

Hi,

> This application cannot be intialized (0xc0000005). Click "OK", to
> close the application.
I have just built LE 0.5.18 for Win32, please give it a try:
    http://www.gnunet.org/libextractor/download/win/libextractor-0.5.18.zip

> so they can be converted to object code directly with any
> ordinary C/C++ compiler
That's not possible, I'm afraid.
For larger projects (read: everything more complex than a "hello world"
application) you need some kind of build *system*. As most FOSS
projects, we use GNU autotools + GNU make + gcc. The effort of
maintaining project files for commercial build systems like Borland C++
Builder or Microsoft Visual C is just not worth it.

> as it has been a kind of nightmare for me using
> cygwin
Right, Cygwin does not work. Use MinGW instead.

> and several unix tools plus special text editor, etc.
http://www.eclipse.org/
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/
:-)

> prepair the source code so that I could use it with plain default
> mingw gnu c and c++ compiler, without bison & co.
What do you mean with "prepare"? Also, bison ist not required in any way.

> although writing an (semi)automatic script might
> also speed up compiling of the win32 binary libs, for every release.
It's already there: "configure". Just use it! :-)

Please see
    http://www.gnunet.org/hacking_win32_build.php3
on how to setup MinGW.

Building libextractor is easy. Really.