libextractor

Re: [libextractor] libextractor-0.5.17 (win32) - extract.exe stops with

From: Nils Durner
Subject: Re: [libextractor] libextractor-0.5.17 (win32) - extract.exe stops with error msg
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:12:09 +0200

Hi,

> ok, i have downloaded it from
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/autoconf.htm
I use the one from mingw.org...

> btw. how does the thumbnail extractor work? Does it read the files
> (exif) metadata and use the small resolution jpg thumbnail stored in
> e.g. jpeg files? Or does it read the whole image file (stream) and
> generate a thumbnail from that data?
Right, the whole image is resized using GTK/Qt image manipulation functions.

> Neither Qt nor GTK are reasonable for ReactOS source tree, I will
> probably write my own lib which generates thumbnails using freeimage
> lib API functions.
If it works with broken files (doesn't crash), this might be something
we're interested in.

> Does LE support also file streams (e.g. to read files inside archives)?
No, LE's frontend is C only.
Data is read from files or memory addresses (which may be mmap'ed).

I think Christian Grothoff is the right person to answer your thoughts
on PDF.

Best,

Nils Durner