[libmicrohttpd] syscalls name clash

From: Martin Velek
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] syscalls name clash
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 14:29:58 +0200

Hello,

could be possible to rename all socket functions (fnctl, send, accept
etc) to something like MHD_FNCTL, MHD_SEND,  in further versions >
0.9.34?

I am using lwip, gnu arm with newlib and there is a name clash for
fnctl. The newlib has a function named fnctl, but without
implementation, returning -1. The lwip has own implementation of
lwip_fnctl. I cannot simply define #define fnctl lwip_fnctl because it
would break all code using libmicrohttpd.

In the platform.h or platform_interface.h would be e.g.
#ifdef LINUX
MHD_SEND(s, b, l, f) send(s, b, l, f)
#endif

Than I would be able to simply define
MHD_SEND(s, b, l, f) lwip_send(s, b, l, f)

Best,
Martin

P.S.
I know that a similar concept was a few versions ago and was abandoned (plib.c).