libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] X60 freezes with kernel > 4.0.7

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] X60 freezes with kernel > 4.0.7
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 20:29:21 +0200

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 13:54:38 +0100
Francis Rowe <address@hidden> wrote:
> I can wholeheartedly recommend Arctic MX-4. I use to have AS5, but
> MX-4 is better (I also replaced all mention of AS5 with MX-4 in the
> libreboot documentation).
I've the Zalman ZM-STG2

[...]
> Denis' suggestion to bisect is also what I recommended to you earlier
> on, to identify which commit (in linux) caused the regression.
Yes, here I only suggested ways to make it faster.

Note that on my X60 where I do have the issue, and on my X60T where I
don't, I don't use libreboot releases, instead I take coreboot master,
apply libreboot patches if necessary and always deblob with libreboot
scripts or a patch generated from it.

So what I run probably don't match a libreboot release.

Denis.