libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] VGA Output Slow With GNOME

From: Isaac David
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] VGA Output Slow With GNOME
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:04:59 -0500

I chime in just to say it also happens to me, but I have not investigated much further than you nor I can offer real help at this moment. Same setup, same issue, except that whenever I plug an external monitor I see a third, very low resolution display reported in GNOME Settings; and disabling this pseudo-display makes the slowness disappear.

I also noticed that the gnome-shell process is what takes all the CPU. I can't remember if I ever plugged an external monitor on this laptop before flashing Libreboot. Maybe we should begin by ruling out the BIOS using LenovoBIOS, testing a different desktop environment.