libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] VGA Output Slow With GNOME

From: Joshua Bowren
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] VGA Output Slow With GNOME
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 16:12:58 -0400

To my knowledge default GNOME always uses 3D acceleration. GNOME used to have a fall back version that omitted 3D acceleration, but it seems that newer versions of GNOME (mine being 3.14.1) always use 3D acceleration. So 3D acceleration was always activated in my tests.

Interesting that KDE did not have any issues. I thought KDE always uses 3D acceleration as well, so this might just be a GNOME issue.