libreboot

[Libreboot] Blocking Intel ME ?

From: Jay Aurabind
Subject: [Libreboot] Blocking Intel ME ?
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 14:10:00 +0530

Hi,

I was going through the page at libreboot on Intel Management Engine[1].

Assume that somebody is indeed planning to attack a user through Intel
ME, and send some information remotely through its separate ethernet
interface.

Is it possible to detect that MAC id of the independent ME unit and
block it in my router so that even if ME is activated I can block all
communication to the outside world ? Any possibilities with arp or
something like that ?

[1]:https://libreboot.org/faq/#intel

--

Thanks and Regards,