libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] flashrom fails with BIOS chip on ThinkPad T400

From: Paul van der Vlis
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] flashrom fails with BIOS chip on ThinkPad T400
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 12:54:17 +0200

Op 25-04-16 om 17:42 schreef Johannes Merkert:

> my Name is Johannes Merkert and I am an author for the german computer
> magazine c't (ct.de). I tried to install Libreboot on a ThinkPad T400
> following the guide on libreboot.org
> (https://libreboot.org/docs/install/t400_external.html).

Hello Johannes and others,

Flashing libreboot is difficult, maybe it will help you to contact
somebody who has experience. I have good experiences with Kevin Keyzer
in the Netherlands, he flashed many devices for me with Libreboot for a
low prize. https://www.quietlife.nl/

Maybe there is some kind of problem with your device, e.g. different
bios chips then normal. Not all T400 Thinkpad's are the same!
Once I did sent him an X200 what was not possible to flash, but all
other devices did work.

I can sell or borrow you an already flashed device, if you are interested.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/