libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Target candidate: Thinkpad T400s

From: Bruno Dantas
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Target candidate: Thinkpad T400s
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 13:05:01 -0400

Thank you, persmule. Given your positive experience with the newest
nightly, I went ahead and flashed 22May2016 on my t400 (I didn't
compile from source--just grabbed the rom from downloads page).

I can confirm that the graphics problem is gone. I am also happy to
confirm that the date and time are correct after a reboot with linux
4.5--no workarounds required. Still can't resume from suspend, but
that's a minor issue as I almost never use suspend. I'm not sure what
you meant by "graphic output for grub", but I can see the grub menu
and background image just fine.

I'm on Debian GNU/Linux stable, with a small handful of backported
packages (including linux kernel 4.5.3-2). Jessie's default kernel
(3.16) seems to ignore the "intremap=off" boot parameter, due to which
I was getting an error during boot having to do with interrupt
mapping/dmar. With this latest libreboot, I can now run kernel 4.5
which complies with "intremap=off" and therefore I get no errors
whatsoever during boot. Very nice.

Thanks for the helpful information.