libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] libreboot is not GNU Libreboot anymore

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] libreboot is not GNU Libreboot anymore
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 14:30:47 -0400

Leah Rowe <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 16/09/16 01:34, Leah Rowe wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Free Software Foundation recently fired  a transgendered employee of
>> the FSF, just for being trans, because some transphobic cissexist people
>> wrote negativly about her. The FSF fired her because they thougdt she,
>> rather than the assholes bullying her, was causing the FSF potential
>> damage. As a result, she was fired from the FSF.
>
> We've now issued our own public statement, on the libreboot website:
> https://libreboot.org/gnu/
>
> (refresh this page if you saw it prior to 15 September 2016)

When you were invited to join the GNU project you would given
custodianship of an important public effort. But by taking the project
hostage you are hurting the efforts of many people who never did
anything wrong. Please stop doing this.

I will continue to support minorities as I have always done, and I urge
all of the good people who have been hurt by this collective punishment
to stay strong and not to allow this to harden their attitudes toward
any minority group who needs help.