libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Fwd: Re: Future of Libreboot

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Fwd: Re: Future of Libreboot
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 21:48:25 +0100

Hi,

Now I will respond to the coward.

On 24/09/16 21:30, Leah Rowe wrote:

> forwarded to the libreboot mailing list because the coward didn't want
> to say these things publicly:

I'm still the founder and lead developer of the libreboot project, and I
still keep the project running.

Complaining about discrimination against transgender people at the FSF
is not unprofessional, it is rather a morally just act.

> For the past 6 years or so free software and the GNU/Linux community as
> a whole has been swarmed with fresh out of college
> kiddies that have been taught a very biased liberal agenda instead of a
> real computer-science education, and no
> real development choices ever get made because people are too busy
> spouting shit to others on Twitter, mailing lists,
> GNU Social or where-ever.

My parents are socially and economically conservative. I went to a
protestant christian school. My grandmother is catholic.

I have qualifications in computer science and mathematics.

I personally do not use twitter, gnu social or social networks in
general. I've generally stuck to IRC and mailing lists. This will
probably never change.

The way I am is an accident and in direct odds to my upbringing, but you
claimed otherwise because you didn't ask.

> I could go on all day about how "trans" people are diseased and don't
> exist, but I'd be ignored and thrown out
> of a safe-space that has been established by such "people." HOWEVER,
> despite my political beliefs I am not inclined
> to publicly spout them in any work that I would take part in, because
> that would be unprofessional. I couldn't care
> less what your ideologies are as long as you had kept them private, and
> proved yourselves worthy in the software world by
> contributing important things and making wise decisions. At the end of
> the day that's all that matters.

The individual who was fired from the FSF happened to be extremely
qualified, experienced and intelligent. They were very good at their
job, but they were fired as soon as they complained about being
misgendered and abused by colleagues that figured out they were trans.

> This is no "discrimination" case, it's a bunch of asspained hipsters
> that couldn't handle simple bantz. And by stating
> that you hope the FSF doesn't fork your work shows you wish deny one of
> the 4 essential freedoms to your userbase.
> This is why we don't want you. Not because you're all a bunch of queers,
> but because you want to undermine the very movement
> that has supported you all this time.
>
> Thanks for nothing.

We undermine nothing. The libreboot project still stands firm as one
that support computer user freedom. I personally am still working on the
project, and have even submitted several non-trivial patches to
libreboot post-GNU.

FSF, GNU: comments like from the above person that I'm replying to are
common in the community. Do you really want to associate yourself with it?

John Sullivan
Stephen Mahood
Ruben Rodriguez
^ these people need to leave the FSF, or be fired

See: https://libreboot.org/gnu/

--
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support computer user freedom.
https://peers.community/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/