libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Unsubscribing (Was: Future of Libreboot)

From: Leah Rowe
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:58:15 +0100

Yes, I have a list of all the subscribers on this list. I will
automatically subscribe them on the new libreboot mailing lists hosted
at libreboot.org, where we will not talk about this issue (it's
documented on the site).

See:
https://libreboot.org/lists/

Right now it just has a backup of the GNU mailing lists, but it will
soon have links to the new lists self-hosted directly on libreboot.org

On 26/09/16 08:58, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
> I understand your feelings. I just want to point out that you are
> effectively unsubscribing from a mailing list at gnu.org and not
> from one at libreboot.org.
>
> Tiberiu
>
> On 26.09.2016 07:45, Bruno Dantas wrote:
>> I'm also unsubscribing after sending this, sadly. I'm not a
>> libreboot developer but am a happy user and, until now, was an
>> avid tester.
>>
>> I have little to no interest in politics or law and messages on
>> this mailing list just make me cringe.
>>
>> Best of luck to everyone.
>>
>> -Bruno
>>

>> On September 25, 2016 7:01:17 AM CDT, Thomas Pfundt
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> with sadness, I am now unsubscribing from this mailing list. I
>>> can't bear the daily rants and accusations anymore. Since this
>>> is not a matter of public interest, but something that needs to
>>> be investigated by legal authorities, no third party can or
>>> should expect to see any hard evidence for either side in this
>>> any time soon.
>>>
>>> It has also been sad to see some parts of the community
>>> unnecessarily pick sides and purposefully offending others, I
>>> personally would have expected a more distant judgement from
>>> people engaged in the free software movement, this does not
>>> count for everyone, of course.
>>>
>>> This situation was unfortunately handled inappropriately from
>>> the beginning, starting with public shaming, taking impulsive
>>> actions in the name of the whole community and illeistic
>>> publications with political demands to apparently involved
>>> parties. I do not seek to attack any involved individual, but I
>>> can not identify with this behaviour at all and do not approve
>>> the chosen path of "resolving" this issue.
>>>
>>> Concerning the "Future of Libreboot", since this project has
>>> publicly moved from being an endeavour to develop software
>>> helping people free their hardware to becoming a tool for
>>> political activism, I do not see any future in it it,
>>> unfortunately. I am not a developer myself, but was very
>>> interested in the aims of this project. I was ready to obtain
>>> a Libreboot-compatible machine and help with testing and
>>> analysis, but without integrity in the community, this does not
>>> seem promising anymore.
>>>
>>> I encourage everyone to continue supporting free software,
>>> because it's an important task and I am grateful for the work
>>> that has been done by all developers. My highest respect to
>>> anyone who contributed to this project in any way.
>>>
>>> If this has all been a great misunderstanding or accounts were
>>> potentially cracked and misused, please feel free to notify me
>>> directly. Otherwise, I'm out of here. I have to worry about
>>> family members with serious health problems and this pointless
>>> negativity does not help in any way.
>>>

>>> Kind regards.

- --
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support computer user freedom.
https://peers.community/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/