libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Fwd: Re: Future of Libreboot

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Fwd: Re: Future of Libreboot
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 00:56:52 +0100

Hi Will,

On 24/09/16 23:39, Will Hill wrote:
> Is there someone you trust that can filter your email for you to remove the
> hateful trolls and only forward what's important?
>
> On Saturday 24 September 2016, Leah Rowe wrote:
>> forwarded to the libreboot mailing list because the coward didn't want
>> to say these things publicly:

I just felt like forwarding it. The coward didn't bother me at all
personally. People like the one who I responded to are why the FSF is so
screwed up, because they don't want to be attacked by such people if it
was found out that a trans person was working for them. That's why an
extremely skilled, experienced and highly intelligent worker who had
been with the FSF was fired when they filed a complaint about
transphobia against them at the FSF.

The FSF catered to a small vocal minority of bigots like the one I
responded to, instead of catering to one of the best employees they ever
had, just because that employee was trans and presented a threat to the
FSF in case the public started attacking the FSF for having a trans
person working for them.

Because. The FSF's safe space anti-discrimination policies are lip
service. It's ok at conferences, but not if you're working for them.

And this is why John Sullivan, Stephen Mahood and Ruben Rodriguez all
need to leave the FSF. <https://libreboot.org/gnu/>

--
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support computer user freedom.
https://peers.community/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/