libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Open tech calendar

From: Blaise Alleyne
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Open tech calendar
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:18:52 -0400

On 02/10/14 11:34 AM, Rudolf wrote:
> https://opentechcalendar.co.uk/
>
> It would be awesome to get all Toronto and Ontario meetups into an open data
> format or an RSS feed. Not sure if it would be appropriate for the
> LibrePlanet wiki.

Maybe a good wishlist idea for the website?

I'm not sure if MediaWiki (LibrePlanet wiki) is best for iCal or RSS format for
events (the kind of calendar feed someone could actually subscribe to).

It could be a good wishlist item for libreplanet.ca, even for something
Canada-wide (if we did it for Ontario, there's no reason it couldn't be used
beyond that).

Though, there's a scope question too -- to what extent would a LibrePlanet group
keep track of events that may be of interest to members but not specifically
software freedom events? That is, would LibrePlanet Ontario be the best fit for
this?