Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Pixen Alternative for Linux

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Pixen Alternative for Linux
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 03:16:59 -0300

GIMP + GAP (GIMP Animation Package) can provide you the needed tools.
You can even configure GIMP dialogs and toolbar to look pretty much like Pixen
GIMP has a good set of tools for pixel art and work with indexed palettes.

To the rest: Although it is true that Ubuntu isn't 100%, I don't think
this thread is the place to discuss such thing. It sounds more
friendly to suggest a 100% libre distro rather than bashing people
because they don't use one.
In that case, I'd say that Trisquel is a good recommendation, since,
being an Ubuntu derivative, it provides the majority of the "user
friendly" features with 100% free packages.
For a user who doesn't need 3D acceleration and can live with a
partial Flash support, it's probably the best 100% free gnu/linux
distro out there for newcomers.