Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Steam for Linux

From: Yogesh Girikumar
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Steam for Linux
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 17:32:32 +0530

On 8 November 2012 16:07, Alexey Eromenko <al4321@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no equivalent of Warcraft III or Skyrim in the Open-Source world.
> The commercial-proprietary world is the only one that makes quality games.

Those games or their equivalents would require dedicated programmers
working full time. They need pay. I think there must be a foundation
that funds such initiatives. On an unrelated note, I think crowd
funding platforms like kickstarter and indegogo are helping people who
want to develop such products raise some money.

May I also remind you of humble-indie bundle as well :)