Re: [libreplanet-discuss] DRM in HTML5

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] DRM in HTML5
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 15:46:13 +0100

Le 14/03/2013 00:16, Richard Stallman a écrit :
The FSF is going to campaign against W3C support for DRM.  However,
the BBC will be able to impose DRM with or without the W3C's support.

/agree/

[my English is tedious, sorry in advance]

the "data-xxx" attributes scheme allows any kind of information, as a kind of proprietary attributes.

Also "object" tag already allows any kind of proprietary plugin.

It is up to the publisher to associate them with, eg. a javascript code and a stored "customer key" if they wants their f...n "private" stuff dispayed/heared "only as they want".

There is no reason at all to burdening and handicapping HTML5 spec with any kind of unneeded DRM tags/attributes: thats already supported.

Let's let video an audio tags as is : they offers alternative contents (source).

There is no reason at all to break interoperability (I suppose in order to /display once only/ from /the only wanted source/).

Moreover it is absolutely in contrary, nor only Internet spirit, but also on what the World Wide Web has been inted for (and if remain correctly, initially designed by INRIA and CERN).

Well, now we may still have trouble chasing the merchants from the temple :)

--
T.Harding

formerly: Anthechrist#42