Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:13:46 -0600

> It boggles my mind that
> these simple and so important ideas about software and freedom, which are so
> obvious to me, are so far out of the reach of so many people.

It boggles my mind that we refuse to acknowledge most people *already*
understand the term "Free Software" to mean "Freeware".

Why are we so damn stubborn about such an unimportant detail that
almost instantaneously causes nearly universal confusion?

Why not coin a new term to overcome that simple hurdle?

I propose the term "Freedom Software".  It is more descriptive
and will likely even create a certain amount of curiosity.

As it is, we are trying to call a rose a cabbage and wondering
why nobody gets it...

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
Economic Systems Engineer