Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives,

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives,
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 13:15:37 -0500

Someone has been messing with Google Translations, as if to underline the
point and to waste people's time with infighting.  Trisquel in English
translates to "Ubuntu" and "totally free" in English translates to "gratuito"
in Spanish.

http://50.80.140.55/photo_album/chron/2015/2015_05_05-google_translate_trisquel/

Without some restrictions, we give publishers the ability to modify out
message in ways which oppress all of us.  We should guard against
misrepresentation by people who have the resources to bury any signal under a
pile of noise.

I think the free software community has larger problems and will allocate
resources properly.  Who is going to censor a Polish translation by an honest
group, especially if they don't have the time or resources to properly review
it?  That's the way big publishers and groups like the BSA use copyright law.