Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives]

From: Thomas HARDING
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives]
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 20:25:05 +0200

On 28/05/2015 14:41, Logan Streondj wrote:
Also, the evolution of language and Shakespeare etc. is a false argument
because, while it is a long time, 70 years after author's death is not
enough time for language to evolve that greatly. It does make older
works have a different character, but not the extreme level you were
implying. We still, in principle, have a time when all works will be
public domain.
yes, that is correct, I forgot about copyright expiration.

There is copyright expiration regarding money (and that's less to less true regarding Mickey Mouse's act),
There is no copyright expiration regarding "moral rights".

That's practical to keep intact a "work" until language has so evolved that a "work" is not understandable.

Fortunately, while human beings has the rights during generations, there were nobody to claim 10 hundred years later.

Unfortunately, it will not applies soon because of tracability.

And more, with DRM, no one would soon have a working unscrambled copy "at time" except (*with chance*,
if still exists) the copyright holder.

(France situation).

Best regards,
TSFH.