Re: [libreplanet-discuss] helping friends kill their facebook accounts

From: Fabio Pesari
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] helping friends kill their facebook accounts
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 09:47:34 +0200

On 04/28/2016 09:30 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Is it better for people to go through their profile more vigorously
> though, messing up all the data?  For example, changing their date of
> birth to something random (if they actually used their real DoB to begin
> with), deleting the groups used to classify friends, deleting photos,
> deleting things like their relationship status, maybe even deleting all
> their posts and comments one by one?

That's useless: any decent algorithm can guess what's the right birth
date by looking at past "happy birthday" messages, personal chats or
classmates even without AI.

Also I'm not sure it's possible to delete stuff from their servers
permanently.

The best thing to do is to close ("deactivate", really) the account and
forget about it.