Re: [libreplanet-discuss] helping friends kill their facebook accounts

From: cryptie
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] helping friends kill their facebook accounts
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 10:26:12 +0200

On 28/4/2016 at 10:24 AM, "amunizp" <a75576@alumni.tecnun.es> wrote:
>Are there any existing articles or blogs that are recommended for
>people
>going through this process?

only technical not social. AFAIK. RMS lecture or text says to reach out personally, I recall. Friends don't let friends use facebook.

>Are there any tools that can help people?

I did not look for facebook but I did find a python script that would delete twitter posts. I had over 20k and it crashed my computer at the end my account showed no tweets but said I had 5k tweets that I could not see. go figure. I imagine similar hit and miss with facebook.

On both questions, a lot of people did it on Diaspora, or help other doing it, thus you may find help/support there.

Best,
Cryptie