Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about calling free systems a

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about calling free systems as "GNU" systems (even if there is no GNU or Linux-libre)?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 16:44:21 -0300

The problem is that, if the term "GNU" is preferred, we might as well
open doors for two things that can make the term not a good choice:

* Some non-free system distributions are also GNU, so we wouldn't be
able to call just/only the free ones as "GNU".

* We might end up advertising non-free system distributions indirectly,
even though we didn't mention them to the general public. I have seem a
person that is still studying the free software philosophical movement,
and he thought that Raspberry Pi was a good choice of single board
computer just because some "GNU" system can be used, then I told him
that only the non-free system distributions can be used on Raspberry Pi,
and pointed him to the page on FSF's website about the single board
computers.