Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about calling free systems a

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about calling free systems as "GNU" systems (even if there is no GNU or Linux-libre)?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 21:42:56 -0300

I'm "cross-posting" this to trisquel-users and libreplanet-discuss
mailling lists.

So, I made a "counting" on the opinions/votes so far, here is the table:

.                       "GNU"   SD      $Nome   G+L     "LibreOS"
trisquel-users          1               1       5
libreplanet-discuss     1       1       1       2       1

FSF                                             1
.                       2       1       2       8       1

Labels:
* G+L: "GNU+Linux" or GNU/Linux" (voters didn't make distinctions
between free or non-free)
* DS: System distributions (voters didn't make distinctions between free
or non-free)
* $Name: Only the project name, be it free or non-free ("Trisquel",
"Ubuntu", etc.)

lembas, in the English forum of the Trisquel project, refered to a page
where the FSF explains why we mustn't call GNU+Linux systems (in
general) as "GNU" only:

https://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#justgnu

Besides, as an addendum from me, the same page explains why we mustn't
reserve "GNU+Linux" (or "GNU/Linux") for the free system distributions:

https://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#reserve

To sum it up, vita_cell, in the English forum of the Trisquel project,
gave us the result so far in really funny way (he notes that he found
the image on the Internet):

https://trisquel.info/files/stallman2.jpg