Upgrading to 1.5.52

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Upgrading to 1.5.52
Date: 17 Apr 2002 09:16:47 -0400

I just installed 1.5.52 and attempted to run it.  (I've been running
on 1.4.12.)

Some stuff works ok, but input/twinkle.ly generates a postscript file
where all the noteheads are dashes.  This is after doing clean-font
and sourcing buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile.

I also still have the problem I reported yesterday to lilypond-user
where lilypond-book errors out on a python runtime error:

RuntimeError: maximum recursion limit exceeded

Since the reason I upgraded was that I was hoping this would go away,
I think I'll go back to 1.4.12, but it does look like getting up to
1.5.x won't be a horrendous as I was thinking it might.  My incipits
are a little bit screwed up, and the custos is missing, but otherwise
most of my stuff "just works".

If anyone has any suggestions for a workaround on the python recursion
error, I'd appreciate it, since I have to get a whole bunch of music
printed by Sunday.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139