Re: Lily producing bad latex

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Lily producing bad latex
Date: 14 Jun 2002 09:40:18 -0400

>>>>> "Han-Wen" == Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:

    Han-Wen> Well actually, if you use point-and-click, you will get that
    Han-Wen> information in the form of src:  specials.

So could lily look at that information and report the line number?

    Han-Wen> I think the best we could do is run some rudimentary
    Han-Wen> syntax checks on user strings that are dumped into output
    Han-Wen> files. That's not a particularly elegant solution,
    Han-Wen> though.

No, I think we want something more general than that.

    >> There is an even worse problem when running lilypond-book with the
    >> \lilypondfile statement, in that the error reporting doesn't even
    >> point you to the *name* of the file you need to look at.

    Han-Wen> Actually, it does: it will point to the lily-XXXX.tex
    Han-Wen> file. The corresponding lily-XXXX.ly file will direct you
    Han-Wen> to the original file.

Yes, I've figured out how to do that, but couldn't lily figure out how
to make the computer do that for me?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139