Re: Configurable spacing

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Configurable spacing
Date: 14 Jun 2002 09:36:39 -0400

    Rune> Hopefully the subject hasn't been totally forgot.

    Rune> Generally 1.5 produce wider scores than 1.4 - often I need
    Rune> to use 1.4 simply because the spacing in 1.5 is too so that
    Rune> the music doesn't fit in a decent amount of staff-lines.

I'm having to deal with this, too.  In general, 1.5 scores look better
even to the casual observer, but my Fantasias from Bicinia Sive
Cantionis all fit one part per page in 1.4, and sometimes go several
lines over in 1.5.  So I have to either publish in 1.4 or go to part
books in 1.5. (Since it's duets, you can publish two parts facing each
other on a spread if each part fits on one page, but you need part
books if a part is going to take up two pages.)

Has anyone figured out a good 1.5 solution to this?  Something like
telling lily to space things a little tighter on this page?  What
would be the best way to do that?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139