Re: Configurable spacing

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Configurable spacing
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:41:25 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Has anyone figured out a good 1.5 solution to this?  Something like
> telling lily to space things a little tighter on this page?  What
> would be the best way to do that?

One thing that both the new and old algorithm didn't take into
account, is that your scores use notes shorter than 1/8 almost
exclusively, whereas the spacing was hardwired to space notes longer
than 1/8 more widely. I've added the following to CVS.

        * lily/spacing-spanner.cc (find_shortest): make 1/8 configurable:
        introduce base-shortest-duration

if you use

        \translator{
        \ScoreContext
        SpacingSpanner \override #'base-shortest-duration = #(make-moment 1 4)
        }
        }

then you lily will use the same number of systems as the 1.4 version
(at least so it seems).