Re: grob creation

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: grob creation
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:49:46 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>
> > since the acc engraver is higher in the hierarchy than note head
> > engraver, you should have all note heads already the first time that
> > you hit create_grobs()
>
> Sorry for being stupid, but then I don't understand what is going on in
> Accidental_engraver::acknowledge_grob (Grob_info info)
> This function is surely called AFTER create_grobs() - and if there is
> already access to the noteheads somehow then I don't see the need for
> this function... :-/

the basic sequence is

    try_music
    process_music

      acknowledge_grobs()
      create_grobs ()

    until (no new grobs)

the name create_grobs() used to be process_acknowledged (), but was
changed in a flawed attempt to simplify the code by getting rid of
process_music(), and moving to

    try_music

      create_grobs ()
      acknowledge_grobs()

    until (no new grobs)

perhaps we should revert the name.

(Actually, I'd say this is a  pretty good idea. Any gurus should
complain within the hour if they disagree.)