Re: build deb of 1.7.20

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: build deb of 1.7.20
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 20:35:48 -0700

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 19:16:43 +0200
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
> FYI, I never build packages for LilyPond.  I just run latest 1.6 and
> 1.7 CVS from the source directories.  If you know what you're doing,
> something like this should be enough:
>
>    ./configure --disable-optimising --prefix=$(pwd)
>    make all pfa-fonts
>
>    PATH=$(pwd)/lily/out:$(pwd)/scripts/out:$PATH
>    TEXMF="{/usr/share/texmf, $(pwd)/share/lilypond}"
>
> I only do make web every once in a while.

Here's an email from Han along similar lines:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2003-01/msg00014.html

(this was back when guile-1.6 wasn't in Debian.  It is now, but the
info about building lilypond into ~/usr could still be useful)

This doesn't directly answer Paul's problems, since this is talking
about lilypond installation as opposed to just making the docs in
the source tree (to check that patches work), but it might be useful.