Question regaring editor / debugger idea

From: Rob van Putten
Subject: Question regaring editor / debugger idea
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:45:33 +0200

Hi all,

This is my first post here so I would like to start with a big thank you
to the developers of Lilypond. It is a remarkable achievement!

Now to my question:

I want to write a graphical frontend to lilypond (using (wx)python). Not
as complicated as NoteEdit but something which simplifies the input and
is able to create / view output (like pdf) and helps debugging.

I started a little test project and it will roughly look like this (link
to 80Kb png image)
http://home.zonnet.nl/delphiro/gfx/coda.png

My question is if it is OK to ask you developers for information as I
progress. For a start I would like to know if there is an easy way to
extract all keywords (or better all words that start with a \ and are
valid Lilypond  'words' - I don't know if keyword is the right
definition)

If you do not mind me posting a question now and then please let me
know.

Regards,
Rob van Putten
The Netherlands