Re: bug report format change

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: bug report format change
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:47:37 +0200

On Sunday 22 August 2004 13.28, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> the bug collection has gotten rather large, and difficult for me to
> get an overview of. To help things, I'm adding a .ly -> .tely -> .texi
> -> conversion and a GNUmakefile, so I can get a neat .HTML with
> images, containing the status of all bugs.
>
> To make this feasible, the syntax of a lot of files needs updating,
> which uses the \version field.
>
> I propose to add another header field,
>
>       \header {
>         reportedin = "2.2.1"
>       }
>

> denoting where the bug was found. \version can then be used for syntax
> checks.

Creating a makefile is a very good idea. I'm actually losing overview myself,
as well.

Hm - while you are at it: Notice the format of the two first lines of each
file. The first line is a list of flags, the second line is a CC: field;
changes in the bug status should be cc:ed to these addresses. This is
intentionally an ugly format, and Werner has started to complain :)

If you feel that these flags are relevant to display in your html output, feel
free to change these lines to variables within the \header block. I would
propose the variable names flags and cc. (short names => fewer typos)

About reportedin: Does it mean the version where it _first_ was found, or the
_last_ version where it has been confirmed? (to me, it feels like only the
latter is interesting information, the first one is just history)

Erik