Re: make web: programming error: lily-1822262335.ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: make web: programming error: lily-1822262335.ly
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:26:42 -0700

On 10-Oct-04, at 3:05 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Try executing with

  -e "(ly:set-option 'internal-type-checking #t)"

Ok. These files seem to produce correct output, but they give a "programming error" when building them. They only print the error when using that option.

I'm not certain what else to do with this info. I've reduced the files to the smallest error-producing example, but since the output is correct, I don't know if we should call these actual bugs.

-------
spark:~/tmp gperciva$ more foo.ly
{ c'4 \glissando c'' }

spark:~/tmp gperciva$ lilypond -e "(ly:set-option 'internal-type-checking #t)" foo.ly

Now processing `foo.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [1]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Calculating line breaks... [2]
programming error: Grob `Glissando' has no interface for property `style'
Continuing; crossing fingers
programming error: Grob `Glissando' has no interface for property `style'
Continuing; crossing fingers
Paper output to `foo.tex'...
---------
spark:~/tmp gperciva$ more bor.ly
\relative c'{
  \set crescendoSpanner = #'dashed-line
  a'2\< a a a\!\mf
}
spark:~/tmp gperciva$ lilypond -e "(ly:set-option 'internal-type-checking #t)" bor.ly

Now processing `bor.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [3]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Calculating line breaks...
programming error: Grob `DynamicTextSpanner' has no interface for property `bound-padding'
Continuing; crossing fingers
Paper output to `bor.tex'...