Re: [doc-request] fret diagrams

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: [doc-request] fret diagrams
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:57:37 -0600

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 17:26, Juergen Reuter wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In input/test/fret-diagram.ly, we have a nice fret diagram, but I can not
> find any section in the manual about it (or did I miss something?).  Since
> the NEWS file advertises fret diagrams for the upcoming version of lily,
> it would be nice to have a short section about frets in the user manual,
> maybe next to section 5.13 (tablatures).  Is there somebody over here who
> knows enough about guitars to write such a section?

In preparing to write the manual, it seemed to me that the most logical
place to put the fret-diagrams information is in section 5.14 (Popular
music), along with Chord Names, Chords Mode, and Improvisation.  My
experience is that fret diagrams (at least for guitars) are almost
exclusively limited to popular music.

Any concerns about putting it in that section?

Carl