Re: -Very Rough- draft of programming concepts manual

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: -Very Rough- draft of programming concepts manual
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:37:52 -0600

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 03:45, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Further steps are:
>
>   Integrate this with (parts of) the program reference manual.

<snip>

> > Internal documentation of the scheme accessors is found at
> > @internalsref{ly:stencil-add}.
>
> Yup, but that documentation should be moved to this document.

I've been investigating the integration of the programming concepts
manual with the program reference (lilypond-internals) manual.

I don't know how to make this integration happen.  AFAICS, the
lilypond-internals manual is entirely created by makeinfo, without any
.itely file, by the following line in GNUmakefile:

        $(MAKEINFO) --output=$(outdir)/lilypond-internals
--css-include=$(abs-srcdir)/Documentation/texinfo.css --html $<

To integrate the programming concepts manual with the lilypond-internals
manual, I think there needs to be a .itely file in /Documentation/user
that will introduce the lilypond-internals, then somehow cause makeinfo
to run through all the source files looking for the contained
documentation.

Is this idea right, and if so, is there a place I can look for an
example of how to accomplish this objective?

Thanks,

Carl