Re: command line parameters to set the papersize

From: Ruud van Silfhout
Subject: Re: command line parameters to set the papersize
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:19:29 +0100

From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Ruud van Silfhout" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Lilypond development" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 5:35 AM

> On 13-Jan-05, at 11:26 AM, Ruud van Silfhout wrote:
> > To be able to do that the idea is that we need some kind of commandline
> > parameter to select the paper-size as all music pieces are available on
> > Mutopia in both A4 and letter size.
>
> One possible way would be edit the files with sed or something like
> that before running lilypond.
>
> Modify the lilypond files to use VAR_PAPER_SIZE (or whatever you
> want to call it).  To create the pdfs, run sed to replace
> VAR_PAPER_SIZE with "a4" or "letterpaper", then call LilyPond on
> the result.

Graham I agree, this is a possible way to solve this problem, however the
consequence is
that I have to adapt every file delivered by a contributor.

> It would be much nicer if we could do this with lilypond itself,
> though.  I'll keep on asking the programmers.  :)

I will. Especially now that I saw some conversation on the list concerning
tags where Han-Wen suggested that tags could be defined using commandline
parameters. When he's changing the code regarding this anyway, it's just as
easy to add an extra option to define the papersize this way ;-)

> Cheers,
> - Graham

Bye,
Ruud