command line parameters to set the papersize

From: Ruud van Silfhout
Subject: command line parameters to set the papersize
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:26:52 +0100

Hi,

As you probably know by now, I recently joined the Mutopia team to help with
the maintenance of te music and the development of the site.
One of the things we want to do is make an svn-repository and have an
automatic build process that generates all music documents from that tree.
To be able to do that the idea is that we need some kind of commandline
parameter to select the paper-size as all music pieces are available on
Mutopia in both A4 and letter size.
Chris, one of the other mutopia maintainers, posted recently a request
regarding this issue on
the lilypond user list, but he did not get any reply. So, I re-post it on
the devel list.
Anyone willing to help us out ?

Bye
Ruud van Silfhout
Mutopia maintainer
mailto://Ruud.vanSilfhout(at)MutopiaProject.org

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to figure out if it's possible to set the paper size of
> Lilypond's output from the command line in version 2.4. In version 2.2, I
> used to use --set=papersize="letter", however this option seems to have
> been removed.

> I thought that -e "(set-default-paper-size \"letter\")" might work, but I
get
> the following error message. I'm not sure if I'm trying the right approach
> here, or maybe this is a bug. Are any gurus able to help?

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris

Regards,
Ruud van Silfhout