Re: rfc: basic color support

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: rfc: basic color support
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:45:17 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:38:41 +0100 (CET), Juergen Reuter
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Another issue that I raised in the past is, that setting the color on the
> > Grob level is a good starting point, but in many cases not sufficient
> > (e.g. when having multi-colored lines as around 10th century, or in some
> > contemporary educational works, where noteheads are colored depending on
> > their pitch).
> Ok, but a simple \applyoutput-function could take care of that, right?

The point of this is that the color is at the stencil
level. Individual grobs can have their own color settings, by
specifying different stencils with different colors for each colored
element.

BTW, I would propose to use a function to abstract the color format
for now, ie

 (define color? list?)
 (define (rgb r g b) (list r g b))