Re: Several problems with 2.5.27 version on Windows ME

From: Brynne and Russ Jorgensen
Subject: Re: Several problems with 2.5.27 version on Windows ME
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 02:17:26 -0600

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
Jan Nieuwenhuizen writes:

I ran it under gdb, still got no windows, but it exited normally - not
a segv as I half expected.

I've include your -UUNICODE patch for lilypad-0.0.5, but modified it
to build both a unicode and an ascii version

     http://lilypond.org/people/janneke/lilypad-0.0.5-1.tar.gz
     http://lilypond.org/people/janneke/lilypad.exe
     http://lilypond.org/people/janneke/lilypad-ascii.exe

Now the question is when and how to decide to run lilypad-ascii.exe?
It would be nice if lilypad-ascii could somehow be invoked as a fallback,
for example, something like

    @echo off
    "@address@hidden" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
    if not errorlevel ?? goto exit
    "@address@hidden" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
    :exit

Jan.

I think it's better to determine at installation time which version should be used. I wrote a batch file (attached) that you can call from the installer that does the renaming if necessary. Before running it you should have already installed lilypad.exe as the unicode version and lilypad-ascii.exe as the ascii (Win9X/ME) version. (It takes care of other possible permutations, just in case, but I can't really envision it ever being used that way...).

    -Russ