Re: Several problems with 2.5.27 version on Windows ME

From: Brynne and Russ Jorgensen
Subject: Re: Several problems with 2.5.27 version on Windows ME
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:04:04 -0600

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

I've attached a patch against lilypad-0.0.6-1 that supports both ASCII
and UNICODE in a single exe.

Thanks.  I would much prefer to keep two executables, and do something like

Caller (eg, lilypad.scm) can then decide what to do.  Does this work
for you?

I don't have a strong opinion either way, so if you think it's better to keep two executables, I'm definitely supportive. Remember that lilypad can be executed directly from the windows explorer, so you'll need a front-end other than lilypad.scm to choose at runtime which version to use. You had previously suggested a bat file which is probably the easiest. Or you could stick with just choosing at installation time like you do right now.

        -Russ