Re: revised LilyPond 2.7 binaries MacOS and Windows

From: Schneelocke
Subject: Re: revised LilyPond 2.7 binaries MacOS and Windows
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:34:35 +0100

On 05/01/06, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I expect this is a bug in the windows shell.  What happens if you run
> convert-ly.py from Cygwin's bash shell, or drag and drop the .ly on
> convert-ly?

Using Cygwin, it doesn't work at all; I get an error message from
Python about not being able to import some library:

$ /cygdrive/c/Programme/LilyPond/usr/bin/convert-ly.py \376a\360\ \341\ a\36
0\ gefa\ b\366rnum\ brau\360-2.7.23.ly
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/cygdrive/c/Programme/LilyPond/usr/bin/convert-ly.py", line 32, in ?
    import lilylib as ly
  File "C:\Programme\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilylib.py", line 22, in ?
    import tempfile
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/tempfile.py", line 33, in ?
    from random import Random as _Random
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/random.py", line 69, in ?
    import _random
ImportError: No such process
$

Dragging and dropping doesn't work, either - windows doesn't recognise
the .py file as an executable, and thus doesn't let me drop things on
it.

In any case, yes, it could be a problem with the windows shell, but
placing names that have spaces in them in quotation marks is generally
the "right" way to escape them, as far as I know - at least it works
for other programs (including microsoft's own utilities that come with
windows), so I'd expect that it's not a shell problem.

> > 2) The PDF file for the song went up from 90 KB to 2690 KB - is that
> > to be expected?
>
> It may contain the new century schoolbook fonts now, you can easily
> check the .ps.

OK. It's no problem, BTW; I was just wondering about it.

--
schnee