Re: revised LilyPond 2.7 binaries MacOS and Windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: revised LilyPond 2.7 binaries MacOS and Windows
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:07:42 +0100

Schneelocke writes:

> Using Cygwin, it doesn't work at all; I get an error message from
> Python about not being able to import some library

Ah, but you need to have LilyPond/usr/bin in your PATH, so that you
are using mingw's python and seeing mingw's .dlls.

> Dragging and dropping doesn't work, either - windows doesn't recognise
> the .py file as an executable, and thus doesn't let me drop things on
> it.

Ugh.  Does that mean that PATHEXT only makes .py executable from the
windows command line shell, but not from the graphical shell?

Any takers on how to fix that?

> In any case, yes, it could be a problem with the windows shell, but
> placing names that have spaces in them in quotation marks is generally
> the "right" way to escape them, as far as I know - at least it works
> for other programs (including microsoft's own utilities that come with
> windows), so I'd expect that it's not a shell problem.

Hmm.  convert-ly is a python program, so it works with spaces in file
names on linux, so where could the problem be other if it's not in the
shell?

Jan.