Re: revised LilyPond 2.7 binaries MacOS and Windows

From: Schneelocke
Subject: Re: revised LilyPond 2.7 binaries MacOS and Windows
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:55:01 +0100

On 05/01/06, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Using Cygwin, it doesn't work at all; I get an error message from
> > Python about not being able to import some library
>
> Ah, but you need to have LilyPond/usr/bin in your PATH, so that you
> are using mingw's python and seeing mingw's .dlls.

I tried that, but I still get the same error message.

> Ugh.  Does that mean that PATHEXT only makes .py executable from the
> windows command line shell, but not from the graphical shell?

Might be - double-clicking on it does start it, actually, but that's
it, and the context menu doesn't have any of the usual entries for
executables, either, so I'd say it's not recognised as a program for
these purposes.

> Any takers on how to fix that?

Not me - I have no idea about these things. :)

> Hmm.  convert-ly is a python program, so it works with spaces in file
> names on linux, so where could the problem be other if it's not in the
> shell?

I don't know. Does the windows shell pass arguments the same way that
a Unix shell does? It's just a random idea, but I wouldn't be too
surprised if it did not handle things like quotes itself and instead
expected the invoked program to take care of these.

--
schnee