Re: music function refactoring

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: music function refactoring
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:35:25 +0100

Erik Sandberg wrote:
Hi,

I'm performing some refactorings, which aim to fix the "\partcombine cannot be inside \relative" bug mentioned in section 8.3.1 (plus other similar problems).

My plan is:
1. Postpone the applying of music functions: Store all music functions as music wrappers, and apply the functions after parsing, using a new toplevel-music-function called apply-music-functions!. This function recursively searches for music functions to apply, and when it finds one, it recurses into its arguments before applying it.

There is a big problem: you're changing the semantics of .ly, and we won't be able to handle this through convert-ly.

How would you deal with

  \addquote #"violin" \viol

  <<   \parallelMusic #'(a b c) \bla
       \a

Yes, \addquote is not a music function, but it should be.