Re: review new info on file layout

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: review new info on file layout
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:30:36 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
Hi guys,

I've written some more docs about file structure and writing lilypond files. I've glossed over some issues in the interest of simplicity. Before I advertise this on -user, could a few people take a look at the docs? As I said, I've glossed over some issues -- did I omit anything which you think is vital, or mislead people?

Sections 4.4, 4.5, 4.6:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/lilypond/Putting-it- all-together.html

couple of more points:

 -4.1 Suggestions for writing LilyPond files

if copying:

* enter one (manuscript) line at a time, and correct it directly. Use showLastLength to speed up this process.

* define

  mBreak = { \break }

and insert them where the manuscript breaks lines. This makes it easier to compare lily's output and the original.

The rest of it looks good, probably more verbose than I would write it, but that's why I am the hacker, and you're the documentation editor :)