Re: review new info on file layout

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: review new info on file layout
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:48:34 +1100

Cameron Horsburgh wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
>
>>>Hi guys,
>>>
>>>I've written some more docs about file structure and writing lilypond
>>>files.  I've glossed over some issues in the interest of simplicity.
>>>Before I advertise this on -user, could a few people take a look at the
>>>docs?  As I said, I've glossed over some issues -- did I omit anything
>>>which you think is vital, or mislead people?
>>>
>>>Sections 4.4, 4.5, 4.6:
>>>http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/lilypond/Putting-it-
>>>all-together.html

 (snip)

> I also wonder if the instructions on commenting sections out could be
> confusing for new users--it may be useful to add a note about commenting
> single lines as well. (If you wanted to confuse things you could mention
> that some editors will comment out regions too if needed.)
(snip)

> Cameron

Oops, there is a note about single line comments. It follows a ( bracket
though and that confused me a bit until I carefully parsed the sentence.
Perhaps the sentence needs to read something like,

The most powerful tools for this purpose are the single line comment
which uses the % sign and the block comment which uses the %{ ... %}
construct (see Section 2.12 for more information).

Just a thought...

Cameron