Re: New attempt on tuplets/percent repeats

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: New attempt on tuplets/percent repeats
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:28:29 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:
On 5/15/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> (I'm ready to relicense any code I write to lgpl
> or gpl>=3 if that's needed in the future)

I have toyed with the idea of getting disclaimers from all contributors,
but haven't actually gone through with the idea. Regarding GPLv3 vs GPL
vs LGPL, let's wait before the v3 storm settles down before changing
licensing terms.

The main change I'm thinking of, is to LGPL parts of lily (separate a
lib around Context and Dispatcher), so non-free programs can use the
music stream interface in a lilypond-compatible way. I doubt anyone is
interested, but it may be a bad thing to prohibit it.

I see your point, but I would reverse the reasoning: let's keep things GPL, so non-free programs cannot link to the music stream interface directly. I want to be careful with having nonfree programs exploit our efforts for free.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com