Re: New attempt on tuplets/percent repeats

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: New attempt on tuplets/percent repeats
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:27:08 +0200

Nicolas Sceaux schreef:
In general, I think it makes sense to move parser substitutions as
much as possible to the iterators, eg. at some point, we should also
change the implementation of mmrests, \clef and \time.

Nicolas, does that make sense to you too?

I'm clueless about what you're both talking about... (I don't know what
iterators do). So it does not make sense to me, sorry :o)

The subject is the internal representation for syntactical constructs. For example,

  \clef "G"

translates to 3 property set commands. I was speculating that for display-music it would be easier to maintain if we had a ClefChangeEvent, and move the translation of "G" to values for clefGlyph/middleCPosition/clefPosition further to the back of LilyPond.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com